Secret Recipe Club May: Broccoli Salad

19 May

This month for Secret Recipe Club, I was assigned Erin’s blog, Making Memories with Your Kids, and I am so glad!  I have always wondered about broccoli salads.  I would see them at delis, supermarkets, and backyard parties… yet, honestly, I’ve never tried it.  After much searching on Erin‘s blog (was very torn between broccoli salad or deep fried green beans), I came across the broccoli salad recipe.  Yum!

20140518-234337.jpg

Herbed Broccoli Salad

Serves 2

1 cup broccoli flowerets, chopped very small

1/4 cup Vegenaise, or any vegan mayo you prefer

1 tsp rice vinegar

1 tsp agave syrup

1/2 tsp pink Himalayan sea salt

Fresh ground black pepper, to taste

1/2 tsp Frontier brand garlic and herb seasoning

1/4 tsp dried minced onion

1/4 tsp dried chives

Place all ingredients in to a medium mixing bowl and mix well.

20140518-234319.jpg

20140518-234328.jpg

Let sit in the refrigerator at least an hour before serving to let the flavors work their way through the broccoli.  Enjoy!

20140518-234344.jpg

Secret Recipe Club

6 Responses to “Secret Recipe Club May: Broccoli Salad”

1. oureatinghabits May 19, 2014 at 11:20 am #

I love Broccoli Salad! A great summer side dish!

2. Veronica May 19, 2014 at 11:51 am #

I really adore broccoli salad but have never had the herbed kind. Sounds great! You gotta try the kind with raisins and onions in it next time (and use some salted roasted sunflower seeds for good measure)- it is magical!

3. Mallory May 19, 2014 at 12:37 pm #

I love me some broccoli! Imagine how good this would be if you roasted the broccoli first!

4. teaandscones May 19, 2014 at 3:21 pm #

I love a cold brocolli salad. This one is different yet similar to the one I make. Wonder how cauliflower would be mixed in?

5. authenticsuburbangourmet May 19, 2014 at 9:25 pm #

What a great spin on a brocolli salad and so healthy for you. It was fun to have your blog this month and I admire how you changed your eating habits. Nice to be part of SRC with you!

6. Chris May 19, 2014 at 11:35 pm #

I am going to enjoy trying this broccoli salad! Great for the warmer weather.