Secret Recipe Club: Super Soft Homemade White Bread + Meal Plan Monday #3

20 Jan

This month for the Secret Recipe Club I was assigned the blog She Eats.  After looking through nearly all of Kristy’s posts (and majorly drooling) I finally decided on her recipe for Super Soft Homemade Bread.

20140120-004233.jpg

The wonderful difference between Kristy’s recipe and mine… bread maker!!!  :D

Super Soft Homemade White Bread

Yields 1 loaf

3 3/4 cup all purpose flour

2 teaspoons sea salt

1 cup soymilk, unsweetened plain

1/3 cup water

2 tablespoons Earth Balance buttery spread

3 tablespoons agave nectar

1 packet active-dry yeast

Put ingredients in to your bread maker according to the manufacturing directions.  Choose the rapid basic setting and let the machine run until it’s time to bake.  Once the dough is ready to be baked, remove from the machine, put it into a well oiled bread pan, lightly oil the top with a drizzle of olive oil and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 40 to 50 minutes.  Also inside of the oven, place a medium oven safe dish filled with water that will help create steam to crisp up the breads crust.

20140120-004242.jpg image

Secret Recipe Club

Meal Plan Monday

Monday

Breakfast: Mixed Berry Banana Smoothie

Lunch: White Bean Hummus & Roasted Red Pepper Panini with Carrot Sticks

Dinner: Quinoa and Lentil Bowl with Roasted Sweet Potato & Carrots with Thai Peanut Dressing

Tuesday

Breakfast: Scrambled Tofu

Lunch: Mashed Chickpea Salad Sandwich with Carrot Sticks

Dinner: Brown Rice Stir Fry Vegetables & Tempeh Topped with Coconut Curry Sauce

Friday

Breakfast: Strawberry Banana Smoothie

Lunch: Quinoa Cakes & Salad Topped with Homemade Herbed Ranch

Dinner: Quinoa and Kidney Bean Bowl with Shredded Carrots, Corn & Steamed Green Beans

Saturday

Breakfast: Cinnamon Raisin Oatmeal

Lunch: California Chopped Salad with Marinated Tofu

Dinner: Sloppy Joes with Tater Tots and Salad

Sunday

Breakfast: Pancakes

Lunch: Leftover Sloppy Joes with Tater Tots

Dinner: Hoppin’ John Salad with Homemade Rice-a-Roni

For meal planning inspiration,follow me on Pinterest – Meal Plan Monday

9 Responses to “Secret Recipe Club: Super Soft Homemade White Bread + Meal Plan Monday #3”

1. oureatinghabits January 20, 2014 at 11:09 am #

That bread looks fantastic! I love the bread machine, so handy to have around!

2. Chris January 20, 2014 at 12:14 pm #

A lovely bread. I think I am just getting into the habit of baking my own bread regularly.

3. cinnamonfreud January 20, 2014 at 2:14 pm #

Your bread looks like it turned out great. I’ve always wanted to try making my own sandwich bread!

4. Nayna Kanabar January 20, 2014 at 4:58 pm #

Nothing beats home baked bread and your loaf looks so delicious.

5. Deanna Segrave-Daly January 20, 2014 at 8:22 pm #

Ahhh, nothing beats homemade bread fresh out of the oven (or bread machine :) I would love a slice slathered in peanut butter and honey :)

6. Karen Burns Booth January 21, 2014 at 4:01 am #

This bread looks absolutely wonderful what a great SRC pick! Karen visiting from Group C too!

7. thatskinnychickcanbake January 21, 2014 at 5:18 pm #

I love fresh baked bread…and your loaf looks fantastic!!!

8. teaandscones January 22, 2014 at 10:46 am #

I make bread every week for sandwiches. And I have a machine so this one is next!!

9. Kristy Gardner January 24, 2014 at 11:15 am #

Nothing better than homemade bread :) I used to have a bread machine myself but it died. Now that I’ve done it by hand though, I kinda like the work. It’s so organic and visceral. Glad to see my recipe works in a machine too though!! And can be vegan adapted to boot! :)

Happy SRC Reveal!