Secret Recipe Club January: Spicy Baked Banana Chips

21 Jan

First Secret Recipe Club of the new year!!  I’m very excited to start back up with this club.  It is such a great way to find new blogs and try new recipes!  This month I was assigned the blog NYCityEats by Lacy.  I wasn’t sure what I was in the mood to make (or should I say… in the mood to eat) so I went searching, page by page, through her recipes.  Then, on page 7 of the side dishes, I found a unique recipe that I’ve always wanted to try: Banana Chips!!  Lacy’s recipe looked so delicious and easy I just couldn’t pass it up!

20130121-115438.jpg

Spicy Baked Banana Chips

Serves 2-3

2 large ripe bananas

1 tsp. paprika

1/2 tsp. turmeric

1 tsp. sea salt

Olive oil

Slice the bananas into thin, even rounds.  Stir together the paprika, turmeric, and sea salt.

20130121-115650.jpg

Generously cover the bottom of a sheet pan with olive oil. Lay the banana slices, in a single layer, onto the sheet pan. Drizzle with a bit more olive oil then sprinkle on the seasoning. I did not end up using all of my seasoning mix. And be warned this is very spicy!!

20130121-115639.jpg

20130121-115617.jpg

Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 7-8 minutes, gently flip, then bake for another 7-8 minutes.  Let sit on the sheet pan a minute or two to cool and somewhat crisp up.

20130121-115607.jpg

While all my chips didn’t completely, well, crisp into chips, they were still very delicious!!  Enjoy!

20130121-115557.jpg
Secret Recipe Club

7 Responses to “Secret Recipe Club January: Spicy Baked Banana Chips”

1. Melissa January 21, 2013 at 2:03 pm #

What a unique twist on banana chips! These look great :)

2. Veronica January 21, 2013 at 2:18 pm #

These look divine! I have a question–when you say “spicy” do you mean spiced with flavor or is there actually some heat to them? I have never known paprika to have any heat to it, nor turmeric. Was just curious about that!

3. misschelsmangia January 21, 2013 at 8:22 pm #

YUM! I love these as a snack. I just got a dehydrator but this way seems a lot quicker!

4. authenticsuburbangourmet January 21, 2013 at 10:44 pm #

I usually purchase these from the store and now I have a recipe to make at home. Delish! Glad to be part of SRC with you.

5. lucylox January 22, 2013 at 1:48 am #

Mmmmmmm, they sound and look delicious :-)

6. Rhonda January 22, 2013 at 4:13 pm #

Those spices must give them an Indian flavor (which I have a weakness for). They’re almost more like roasted banana chips, yum.

7. kristy @ Gastronomical Sovereignty January 26, 2013 at 8:38 am #

i’m working on a banana chip recipe right now. i like your addition of turmeric!

happy src reveal! xo, kristy