Secret Recipe Club: March

19 Mar

Secret recipe club March!!!  I’m so glad to be a part of this club!  This month I was assigned the blogsite Manu’s Menu.  This blogsite is great!  The food all looks so delicious (I love Italian food) and the layout is awesome.  The writer, Manuela, does a great job with posting recipes, stories, and photos.  Definitely an entertaining site.

The recipe I came across that caught my eye was for an alcoholic drink called tequila sundown.  This drink looked so fun and festive for this heat wave we’re having here in New England!  It’s like summertime in March!

Tequila Sunset

Serves 1

1 1/2 oz. tequila

4 oz. fresh orange juice

2 oz. pomegranate juice (I used pomegranate blueberry)

Ice cubes, as needed

In a glass or jar fill with ice cubes; pour in tequila and orange juice then shake or stir to combine.

Add the pomegranate juice and stir again.

Enjoy at sunset. (:

13 Responses to “Secret Recipe Club: March”

1. Manuela Zangara March 19, 2012 at 10:26 pm #

Thanks!! You have have done an awesome job with this drink!! Now I wish I had pomegranate juice in the fridge to make it again! LOL

• veg-unite March 20, 2012 at 3:37 pm #

Thank you for the recipe! It was so delicious… which made it a little dangerous… LOL (:

2. authenticsuburbangourmet March 19, 2012 at 11:10 pm #

What a refreshing cocktail! Delish! Glad to be part of SRC group C with you.

• veg-unite March 20, 2012 at 3:38 pm #

It was so refreshing! And you could also justify drinking this cocktail by highlighting the antioxidant power of the pomegranates hehe!

3. Jamie @ Cookin' with Moxie March 20, 2012 at 10:27 am #

What a beautiful looking cocktail! I actually just bought some Pomegranate Blueberry Juice – maybe I’ll try this with that new flavor! Thanks for the inspiration!

• veg-unite March 20, 2012 at 3:39 pm #

You’re welcome! Let me know how you like it!!

4. Melissa March 20, 2012 at 2:32 pm #

What a fantastic looking drink! It’s perfect for a 83 degree March day ;)

• veg-unite March 20, 2012 at 3:39 pm #

Can you believe this weather?? I sat in the sun reading my book yesterday and got a little red! I’ve never been able to tan in March! I love love love it! (:

5. Teri @ The Freshman Cook March 20, 2012 at 10:29 pm #

What a great recipe! I love all the colors, and it does look perfect for a warm day!

6. Christina March 23, 2012 at 2:18 pm #

Looks delicious! I hope your tequila doesn’t have a worm or that might pose a problem for all of the vegans lol.

7. Ms.Composure March 24, 2012 at 1:11 am #

Stumbled onto your blog via the blog hop and just wanted to show you some blog luv! def enjoyed this post :) new follower!

8. Lisa~~ March 25, 2012 at 6:39 pm #

Hard to believe the temps in New England right now, crazy…and your drink looks crazy delicious. Great SRC pick.

If you haven’t already, I’d love for you to check out my Group ‘A’ SRC entry: Broiled Sushi.

Lisa~~