Secret Recipe Club!!!

29 Aug

So today is DAY EIGHT of the 21-Day Cleanse!!  Yes, that’s right.  An entire week has gone by.  PHEW.

Alright, now on to the secret recipe club!  I don’t remember how I came across this WONDERFUL website, but I’m so glad I did.  There are tons of bloggers and everyone gets assigned a blog.  Most of the blogs on the site were new to me so that definitely made things a little more exciting.  Once you’re assigned a blog you search through their site to find a recipe you’d like to make or edit!

The site I was assigned was Simply Sensational Food [dot] com.  The site is filled with amazing recipes and fruit carvings.  It was hard to choose between making a smoothie, dessert or a savory dish.  In the end, savory won!

Since Ryan and I are still amidst this lovely cleanse I decided to choose a dish that could be made raw!  I chose cauliflower curry.

Fast and Raw Cauliflower Curry

Serves 4-6

1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes

1/4 cup raw cashews

1/4 cup water

2 tsp. curry powder

1/2 tsp. sea salt

1 large clove garlic

1/2 tsp. mustard powder

Black pepper, to taste

3 Tbsp. coconut oil

4 cups chopped cauliflower florets

1 cup peas

In a food processor, or Vita-mix, puree the tomatoes, cashews and water.  Add the curry powder, garlic, sea salt, mustard powder, coconut oil and black pepper and process again to combine.

In a large bowl combine the cauliflower, peas and curry cream sauce.  Let sit for at least an hour (this is the only non-fast part) to marinate and somewhat soften.

Enjoy as a side dish, main dish or on a salad!!!  Ryan even had the great idea to puree the cauliflower as well so it may be a rice curry.  Maybe next time!!

Can’t wait to do SRC for the month of September!

12 Responses to “Secret Recipe Club!!!”

1. Deanna August 29, 2011 at 8:28 am #

Yum! This looks so good. I just got back from a week of vacation and I’m so wanting some good, healthy, raw food! This is definitely going on the menu this week.

2. Simply.food August 29, 2011 at 3:22 pm #

Than you for the lovely write up about simply.food.I have never made this curry raw, you have given it a very innovative twist.I am glad you enjoyed it.

3. Eliot August 29, 2011 at 4:05 pm #

Raw food intrigues me. This looks delicious.

4. Lisa~~ August 29, 2011 at 6:23 pm #

Love the flavors in the recipe, sounds delicious,

If you haven’t already, I’d love for you to check out my Group ‘A” ~ SRC recipe this month: Cilantro Lime Chicken

Lisa~~
    Cook Lisa Cook

5. Kita August 29, 2011 at 8:48 pm #

We have just recently fallen back in love with cauliflower. Im not sure where it had been in our lives – but we are working on forgiving its absence and loving it once again. This curry version sounds great! Wonderful choice for a SRC post!

6. Manu August 29, 2011 at 9:30 pm #

Wow! This is an unusual recipe (at least for me)! And I love it! Great and healthy side dish idea!

7. Rhonda August 30, 2011 at 12:22 am #

What a great raw dish. I will have to try this when I don’t want to work over a hot stove.

8. Tamar August 30, 2011 at 1:55 am #

Cauliflower is one of my favorite veggies. It’s so versatile, raw or cooked.

9. marla September 3, 2011 at 10:27 am #

Love the cauliflower! Awesome to be in the Secret Recipe Club with you. Here is my post for September :) http://su.pr/1Sizv9
    Also: I would love if you added this and any other links to my “Happy Post” today. http://su.pr/1bZ8fp

10. frances January 7, 2014 at 6:28 pm #

Tried this recipe tonight, it was absolutely incredible! Thank you xx

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Vegan Spreadable Cheese (and Day 10) « we heart vegan - August 31, 2011

[...] Dinner (5 p.m.) – plain jane salad with lettuce, onion, carrots and heirloom tomato then topped with the final remains of the curried cauliflower [...]

2. Secret Recipe Club September!! « we heart vegan - September 26, 2011

[...] the secret recipe club post I did last month?  Well it’s that time again and this month I was assigned the blog [...]